Which are the best products for high-porosity hair? Olaplex, Jessicurl, and Malin+Goetz are products that you will always want to use for porosity hair.
Naturals often need clarification about hair porosity. Do you need clarification on whether your hair is low, medium, or high porosity? Once you have figured that out, you can control how your hair behaves and transform your hair. What products should I use once I know what level of porosity is in my hair? Great question! We have the answer!
Pre-poos (yes, we included the group that loves an extra step), shampoos, and conditioners are on our list. Scroll down to see these seven incredible products.
1. EDEN BODYWORKS Jojoba Monoi Deep Conditioner
EDEN BodyWorks Natural Deep conditioner balances moisture and strengthens hair shafts. It contains ultra-hydrating ingredients such as monoi, coconut oil, and jojoba oils to condition hair and prevents breakage. Deep conditioner for high porosity, relaxed hair goes deep into the roots to restore softness. This conditioner is ideal for thick and dry hair types. Best hair growth shampoos can open your mind to new possibilities involving make-up and cosmetics.
2. MALIN+GOETZ Moisturizing Shampoo
Hydration is key to soothing an itchy scalp and repairing damaged strands. This shampoo, which is free of sulfates, contains panthenol as well as marine algae extract. It helps to revive dull hair and protect it from damage caused by heat styling and color processing.
3. Cantu Shea Butter Natural Hair Hydrating Cream Conditioner
Cantu’s shea butter-infused Hydrating cream Conditioner is made with natural ingredients that moisturize and hydrate the hair shaft. It can be used every day to maintain healthy hair and reduce breakage. It can be used on all hair types, colored or chemically treated. This natural deep conditioner for hair with high porosity maintains curls’ shine and gives it an elegant style.
4. MIELLE ORGANICS Babassu & Mint Deep Conditioner Packet
Mielle Organics Babassu & Mint Deep conditioner contains protein that helps to reduce breakage, rejuvenate dry scalps and hydrate natural curls. Babassu oil is used to condition hair and encourage healthy hair growth deeply. This deep conditioner for natural hair with high porosity helps to improve hair elasticity. It is suitable for all hair types.
5. Philip Kingsley Density Stimulating Scalp Mask
This vitamin-infused scalp mask will prevent hair loss. This mask contains magnesium, iron, and zinc for hair growth. It also includes peppermint and menthol to soothe scalp irritation and promote blood circulation.
6. Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3
To maintain healthy hair, schedule regular trims with your stylist to avoid splitting ends. For extra reinforcement, you can apply this product to your hair from root to end, up to three times per week, to ensure maximum hydration, softness, and healthy ends.
7. Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
Jessicurl Deep Conditioner Treatment includes hydrating ingredients such as shea butter and cocoa butter that moisturize dry hair and prevent frizz. This deep conditioner is for high porosity 4c hair. It provides intense pampering and defines curls. You can use it as a leave-in conditioner to reap the excellent benefits.
Being more attractive is a quick way to improve one’s appeal. Twist protective hairstyles help for you.
What Is Hair Porosity?
What is hair porosity? The hair’s ability to absorb moisture and products. There are three levels of porosity. The easiest way to determine your hair’s porosity level is to place a few strands of hair in a cup of water. Take a few moments to see where your hair strands are. If it sinks, it’s high porosity. If it lands in the middle, it’s medium porosity. If it floats, it is low porosity.
- Low porosity: Hair that doesn’t absorb the product is less likely to look weighed down. Instead, the product sits on top. Avoid oils like coconut oil and castor oil, which seal the cuticle. They will block your attempts to bring moisture in. Avoid high-acidic products such as apple cider vinegar rinse. It is used to close the cuticle, making it unsuitable for hair with low porosity.
- Medium porosity: This is the perfect level of porosity. This is because your hair absorbs moisture but also retains it. You can use almost any natural hair product but avoid heavy oils and silicones. This is because many companies only market products with high or low porosity. It makes it challenging to find the right product.
- High porosity:High porosity is a sign that your hair has been damaged. UV, heat, and chemical damage can cause this damage. Although your hair may absorb moisture, it may not hold that moisture. Your hair will dry quickly after being washed. You can lose your style in a matter of days. ).
Characteristics Of High Porosity Hair
Hair with high porosity has specific characteristics, such as:
- Easy to make Tangles
- Dull hair that lacks shine
- Air dries quickly
- Gets wet quickly
- Dry skin looks and feels great
- Breakage is not an option
- Absorbs products quickly
Tips for Hair Porosity
These are some tips to help with hair porosity.
- To protect your cuticle, avoid using hot water to wash your hair. Use warm water instead.
- To reduce hair breakage, ditch the towel and use a cotton tee shirt to dry your hair.
- Do not pull your hair out. Use proper tools, and don’t dry your hair. A detangler can be used to give your hair a good slip.
- Reduce heat usage and use heat protectors if necessary.
- For more tips, you can also watch natural hair YouTubers who have high porosity hair.
- Discover more about beauty or consider new ideas in at-home laser hair removal.
Products For High Porosity Hair FAQs
Low-porosity hair is genetic. However, sometimes it can appear low-porosity when dealing with product buildup. You might think you have low-porosity hair because you use silicones, oils, and butter to protect your hair.
Both yes and no. Yes and no. Clarifying shampoos can help restore hair’s natural medium porosity if there is product buildup. Fiko, our beauty editor, states that if your hair is prone to porosity due to genetics or damage, you won’t be able to make any changes.
High-porous hair absorbs a lot of water when wet but loses most of it as it dries. This leaves it weak and dry and more susceptible to damage. Your routine should include ultra-moisturizing shampoos and oils to moisturize, as well as protein-packed deep conditioners.
You are lucky to have medium-porosity hair that doesn’t require any restrictions. To get the healthiest curls possible, use a balanced mix of daily moisturizers like creams and mild cleansers to your bi-weekly hair-strengtheners (such as protein-filled masks).
Lightweight formulas are best, as well as a clarifying shampoo every week to eliminate residue. Hair-steaming treatments can help to open the cuticles and let moisture in. Low-porosity hair has tightly sealed cuticles that can cause products to build up rather than absorb fully into the strands.
There are many things to consider when it comes to hair care. Your favorite YouTube gurus may have tips and tricks, but it all depends on your hair porosity. Two experts have shared their knowledge of high-porosity hair. But before we get to the point, here are some signs you should look for.
Images and videos included from "Creative Commons License", "beautyfiko.com".
[…] are eager to purchase new items and products labeled “anti-hair loss.” But do these porosity hair products have an impact on fighting against the loss of hair? We set out to discover the answer and came […]