Is Fenty Beauty cruelty free? Based on our criteria We would rate Fenty Beauty as Cruelty Free.
Fenty Beauty Is Cruelty-Free
Fenty Beauty has confirmed they don’t use animal testing for their ingredients or products, or solicit others to test their products on their behalf. Their suppliers don’t test their products on animals, and they do not permit that their items to be tested with animals if it is required by law. Finally their products aren’t available in stores on mainland China or any other nation which may require testing on animals.
The company that owns Fenty Beauty belongs to Kendo. Also, Kendo is controlled by LVMH which is a company that does not adhere to the strictest standards of cruelty-free as they permit some of their brands to conduct tests on animals.
It’s your decision which brands you would like to choose to support or avoid companies that are cruelty-free that are owned by a parent company which is not non-harmful. There’s no right or wrong response to this. I would suggest that you choose whatever you’re comfortable with however I believe it’s crucial to make clear that LVMH is the owner of Fenty Beauty.
Fenty Beauty is Not 100% Vegan
“Vegan” in cosmetics may be a reference to a range of products that are 100 100% Vegan or to a particular product that is vegan.
For Fenty Beauty, not all of their products are vegan. However, they do offer some products that are suitable for vegans.
Are Fenty Beauty Cruelty-free?
Fenty Beauty is one of the most well-known brands available at Sephora as well as Ulta. Rihanna has launched Fenty Beauty with Kendo and they have seen a huge rise in the beauty industry mainly due to their extensive color range and the latest trends. The brand has now grown and now includes Fenty Skin as well. The two are loved brands. They are available on Sephora, Ulta, Boots, Harvey Nichols.
On the 18th of July in 2019 Fenty as well as Rihanna revealed plans for expanding Fenty Beauty into countries in Asia. There has been a long-running speculation that expansion was on the cards. What do these expansions suggest for Fenty Beauty? What does this mean for Fenty Beauty now going to sell its products in China?
What is the current animal testing policy from Fenty Beauty? Are Fenty Beauty Logical Harmony Approved as cruelty-free? Read on to learn what’s happening at present with Fenty Beauty.
Are Fenty Beauty Logical Harmony Approved As Non-animal Cruelty-free?
Fenty Beauty is cruelty-free and Fenty Skin is cruelty-free. Fenty Beauty does not test on animals. Fenty Beauty was on the Grey Area list of Logical Harmony for a long period of. Thankfully, the company has clarified their position in the last few months and has been included on the list of Cruelty-Free at the beginning of July 2022.
Fenty Beauty meets all the specifications to be a Harmony approved cruelty-free brand. There isn’t any testing on animals that is carried out in their products. They do not sell in any market that requires tests on animals, and they don’t sell their products through retail shops in China.
Is Fenty Beauty sell in Mainland China?
In July of 2019, Fenty Beauty announced that they were planning to expand to Hong Kong and Macau. There was a lot confusion as to whether they’d begin testing on animals, as is required by laws within Mainland China. While both countries are legally part of China but they differ in Mainland China.
Both have the right to make separate laws. Both Hong Kong nor Macau requires the use of animals and are not subject to animal testing laws of China. This means that companies can sell their products in Hong Kong and Macau without worry about animal testing being conducted for their merchandise. This applies to the pre-market testing of animals as well as after-market testing of animals.
In September of 2019, Fenty Beauty started to be sold at a number of retail brands located in Hong Kong. Sephora Hong Kong, Harvey Nichols Hong Kong, and Beauty Bazaar Hong Kong. T Galleria by DFS in Macau began to offer Fenty Beauty products at the same as the launch of Fenty Beauty products.
Quick Tip: Fenty Beauty did not announce plans to expand its business into mainland China in which animal testing is required.
Are Fenty Beauty Certified Cruelty-free By Any Of The Organizations?
There is no such thing, Fenty Beauty is not accredited by any of the organizations.
Does Fenty Beauty Vegan?
Fenty Beauty is cruelty-free but they are not completely vegan which means that certain of their products contain animal-derived ingredients.
How Can You Tell İf Brands Such As Fenty Beauty Are Cruelty-free?
We directly contact brands to ask questions to learn more about their policies regarding animal testing. If the brand can answer all of our questions and prove that there’s no animal testing occurring at any time in the production process and beyond we add them to our list of cruelty-free brands. Each brand we add has confirmed the information provided above.
Fenty Beauty Vegan Products
Here’s a list Fenty’s vegan-friendly items. I’ve broken them down into categories to make it easier for you to find them.
- Fenty Beauty Vegan Foundation, Primer, & Concealer
- Pro Filtr Soft Matte Longwear Foundation (all 50 shades)
- The Match Stix Skinsticks Matte (Porcelain, Ivory, Linen, French Vanilla, Bamboo Peach, Sand the Wheat and Honey Almond The Maple Caramel, Walnut Latte Amber Suede, Cocoa, Mocha, Truffle, Espresso, Caviar, and Ebony are all vegan.)
- Pro Filt’r Hydrating Primer
- Pro Filt’r Mattifying Primer
- What It Dew Makeup Refreshing Spray
- Pro Filt’r Amplifying Eye Primer
- Pro Filt’r Setting powder (Lavender Butter, Lavender, Banana Cashew, Honey, Hazelnut, Nutmeg and Coffee are all vegan)
- Pro Filt’r Hydrating Longwear Foundation (all 50 shades)
- Concealer Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch (all fifty shades)
- Match Stix Glow Skinstick
- Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick (Rum, Sinamon, Unicorn, Ridiic, Chili Mango, Starstruck, Blonde, Champagne Heist, Bordeaux Brat, Pink Lemonade and Cognac are all vegan)
- The Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer (Inda Sun, Shady Biz, Private Island I$land Ting, Bajan Gyal, Caramel Cutie, Coco Naughty and Mocha Mami are all vegan)
Fenty Beauty Vegan Lips and Cheeks
- Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminzer (Fenty Glow, Diamond Milk, Fu$$y, Glass Slipper, $weet Mouth and Hot Chocolit are vegan)
- The Cheeks out Freestyle Blush (Daiquiri Dip the Drama ClaDollars, Crush on Cupid, Summertime Wine, Cool Berry, Fuego Flush, Strawberry Drip, Petal Poppin, Bikini Martini and Rose Latte are all vegan.)
- Cheeks Out Freestyle Creme Bronzer (Amber, Butta Biscuit, Macchiato, Hunnie Glaze, Teddy, Chocolate and Toffee Tease are all vegan)
- Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color (Uncensored Unveil, Uncuffed, Unveil and Unbuttoned or locked, unattached and Undefeated are all vegan)
- Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick (Candy Venom, Clapback, Freckle Fiesta, Griselda, Midnight Wasabi, One of the Boyz, PMS, Saw-C, Shawty, S1ngle, Spanked, Up 2 No Good, Ya Dig? Ma’Damn Ballerina Blackout Violet Fury, I Quit, Turks and Caicos, F’n Black, Flamingo Acid, Pumpkin Rose, Dragon Mami, Thicc and Tiger Tini are all vegan.)
- Pro Kiss’r Luscious Lip Balm
- Pro Kiss’r Lip-loving Scrubstick
- The Poutsicle is a juicy Satin Lipstick (Tropic Tantrum, Motorboat, Alpha Doll, Go Deep, Hot Blooded, Sun Snatched and Purpsicle are all vegan)
- Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter (Penny4uthots and Mint’d Mojito are both vegan)
Fenty Beauty Vegan Eyes and Brows
- Full Frontal Volume, Lift & Curl Mascara
- The Flypencil Pencil is a longwear eyeliner (Cuz I’m Black ), Bachelor Pad, In Big Truffle, Black Card, Space Cookie, Moon Dunez, Sea About It, Lady Lagoon, Bank Tank, Chromewrecker, She a Problem, Grillz and Bad Bride are vegan.)
- Flyliner Longwear Liquid Eyeliner
- Brow MVP Ultrafine Pencil & Styler (Light Blonde Medium Blonde, Dark Ash Blonde Soft Red, Auburn, True Red, Dark Auburn, Ash Brown, Light Brown, Medium Brown, Dark Brown, Black Brown, Soft Black and Deep Black are all vegan)
Fenty Beauty Vegan Body Products & Tools
- Diamond Bomb All-over Diamond Veil (How Many Carats?! And Cognac Candy are vegan)
- The Body Lava body luminousizer (Brown Sugar as well as Cognac Candy are vegan)
- Liquid Diamond Bomb Glitter Highlighter
- The Fairy Bomb Shimmer powder (Coppa Chill 24Kray and Trophy Wife , are all vegan)
- Brushes and Tools
Fenty Beauty Cruelty Free FAQs
Fenty claims in their FAQ that they don’t experiment on animals. However, Fenty does not provide any other proof that proves that they are non-vegetarian. That’s why those who are 100% non-sexy view them as an ‘unclear area’ of brands that are cruelty-free. If asked about their cruelty-free status, they offer inconsistencies and nondescript responses that do not verify their status as cruelty-free. A certificate by PETA or Leaping Bunny would be solid evidence for their customers to know that they do not test on animals.
Fenty Beauty is not completely vegan. They make use of common, non-vegan ingredients such as beeswax and carmine. However, they do offer some products that are vegan (including those from Gloss Bombs !!!) as well. Fenty Skin is completely vegan!
The truth is that Fenty is not organic , nor does it advertise as being. Being an organic company is quite a task and Fenty’s primary focus has been to create a range of diverse shades.
Fenty Beauty (fentybeauty.com) is an extremely popular makeup brand that competes with other stores selling makeup like ULTA, Sephora, Bath & Body Works, Sally Beauty and Great Clips. Based on our thorough Fenty Beauty review, when it comes to competition, Fenty Beauty is a middle-performing brand in its segment. Find the complete Fentybeauty.com report below to find more information.
All images inculeded from www.pexels.com