Which are the best at-home gel nail kits? You can use Beetles, Gelish, and Gellen nail kits at home without needing to go to the salon.
Have you ever gone out to an appointment only to have your nails scratched on the way home at the end of the day? If you’ve had this experience, it may be an unnecessary waste of time and money. This is why gel manicures are becoming more popular. Gel polish provides a highly glossy finish that can stay in place for weeks, regardless of whether you wash your hands or do dishes. If you’re determined to do your nails or looking to cut down on the salon, getting the salon-quality manicure you want is achievable at home because of the at-home kit for nail gels.
Our research aimed to discover an accurate DIY kit for gel manicures. To attain this, we assembled some testers to look into the most well-known kits and test them in our lab for testing to find out which are worth the investment. After extensive testing, including ease of use, removal time, dry time, quality, and post-mani nail health, we selected the top-performing kits.
Find the accurate home-based gel nail kits below.
1. Beetles Gel Nail Polish Kit
If you lack nail tools or want to begin from scratch, it’s a great starter kit. It doesn’t only comprise the top and base coat, six neutral shades, and a UV light, but it also includes cuticle oil, a nail file, clippers, and a pusher for the cuticle. It basically has everything you require for the perfect manicure at home from beginning to end. If you’re looking for a little more adventurous, you can also apply the opportunity of a mattifying top coat to give an even more, sexier look. If you wish to be more beautiful as soon as possible, winter nail colors is for you.
2. Morovan Poly Gel Nail Kit
Morovan Poly Gel Kit Morovan Poly Gel Kit earned excellent scores in all categories, such as drying time and appearance after drying, durability and ease of removal, and nail strength after removal. We only rated it lower to make it easier to use, as there was a slight learning process to apply Gel nails. However, the instructions were concise and clear, and we could figure out how to proceed with each process step.
3. Le Mini Macaron Gel Kit
Finding something more diminutive and more convenient than this compact nail polish set is more straightforward. You don’t need to apply the top coat and base coat of this one, as the color of the polish works all by itself. All you need to do is connect to the USB UV lamp, apply the color to one nail, let it cure, and then repeat. You can use it on your toes to get quick manicures, too.
4. SensatioNail Gel Starter Kit
Do you have a budget? You can get the SensatioNail Starter Kit is your excellent option. Because the instructions are unclear, it’s recommended to study all steps before starting. While this isn’t the most user-friendly product we’ve tested, it will be more user-friendly after the first time around.
5. Gelish Pro Kit
Gelish offers a variety of shades to pick from (over 200! ). The kit includes everything you require to start. The company states it cures the nail polish under the LED lamp in just 45 seconds and is removed in less than 10 minutes with the synthetic nail remover. The kit is packed with useful accessories, from the base and top coats to polish remover, cuticle oil, and more. Summer nail colors can certainly be an effective avenue to learn something new, or it can offer fresh insight.
6. Red Carpet Manicure Gel Polish Pro Kit
The Red Carpet Manicure 8-piece set contains everything you need, more than the standard nail polish, gel, and light pairings, to give you an impressive salon-quality manicure. It comes with a nail primer, a post-pre-cleanser, and foil wraps to remove the polish and oil for the nourishing cuticle. The fans of the kit emphasize the importance of adhering to the instructions and note that the preparation procedure is just as necessary as the application step.
7. Gellen Gel Nail Polish Kit
If you’re seeking to buy nail polishes made of gel, we suggest this kit by Gellen. Gellen is renowned for its high quality, and this is among the most requested options within nail salons. The kit contains 16 polishes with gels in the most diverse range of naked and pink tones. However, it is also available in shades like pastels and semi-translucent hues. There’s also the base coat and top coat included in this kit.
8. Sally Hansen Salon Gel Polish Starter Kit
A majority in the nail industry It’s not surprising that Sally Hansen has a gel nail kit that many love. It includes the basics, including an LED lamp, a top coat and gel base, and a few essential tools. Although compact, users can get as many as ten manicures with the kit, and the directions are simple for those trying DIY gel kits at home for the first time.
How to Use a Gel Nail Kit At-Home?
Each kit is different and could be accompanied by slightly different directions, and it’s essential to follow your kit’s instructions carefully to achieve your accurate outcome. In general, here’s the perfect way to do it:
- Buff and file nails until they reach the ideal length and shape and clean cuticles.
- Use the nail cleaner/prep included or clean nails using alcohol pads to eliminate any natural oils. Make sure that there isn’t any remaining nail polish.
- The base coating should be applied, and let it cure under the light (typically for 30 to 60 seconds, however, you should follow the instruction of your equipment).
- The preferred color requires two coats, allowing it to cure according to the recommended time between coats.
- Finish by applying one layer of topcoat, and cure once more. If your nails feel slippery or tacky clean them using a different alcohol pad.
Tips for Choosing the Best Home Gel Nail Kits
- Manicure accessories: Based on the items you already have and what you want, you should look for more accessories such as buffers, file pushers for cuticles, nippers, nail brushes, or even nail art tools and accessories.
- Gel nail polish: It is a given that your kit should contain at minimum one polish in the shade that you love. We recommend purchasing more polishes that are from similar brands to warrant it’s compatible with the light in your kit, too. Nude nail polishes can help you with what you are reading about or can help you to discover fresh perspectives regarding your topic.
- Lamp: When you’re starting and don’t have a lamp in your home, be sure to examine the kit’s contents to see whether it has an LED lamp or UV lamp in the kit since it’s required to finish the polish.
- Additional polishes: Some kits contain multiple colors for the possibility of a variety. We also love the kits with top and base coats to give you the most durable DIY manicures.
Best At-Home Gel Nail Kits FAQs
While gel manicures are gorgeous and last a long time, they can be a challenge on nails. Gel manicures can result in the nails peeling, brittleness, and cracking, as well as repeated usage, which can improve the risk of skin cancer and premature aging of the hands.
Making nails with gel at home can be beneficial in these ways: It’s cost-effective. When you do nail gel at your home, you have to be able to fear the expense of purchasing equipment and supplies instead of the extra charges for services. It’s time-saving.
LED bulbs can dry gel polish in a fraction of the time. Ultraviolet bulbs. Furthermore, LED lamps don’t generate heat as UV lamps, and LED bulbs don’t need to be replaced.
There are two kinds of gels: Soft Gel and hard. The primary difference between these two types of gels has to be with the method by which they are removed. The soft gel nail is referred to in the industry as “soak-off gels” since the nail polish is removed using Acetone. Hard gels extend the nails’ length over the soft gel, which is used solely as polish.
Gelish is widely utilized in nail salons and available in every beautiful shade you can imagine. By the way, if you’re not sure, it’s called “soak off” polish because you usually douse your nails with Acetone to get rid of the polish.
There are a variety of gel nail kits available to use at home, and they will benefit give you beautiful nails at home. The at-home gel nail kits will never replace an experienced professional. Professional gel manicures last for weeks, and salon-quality tools and instructions are perfect. I could improve my nail art, so I prefer to leave that to my visits to the salon. However, gel nail kits are the second most desirable solution if you want to create your gel nails at home.
Images and videos included from "Creative Commons License", "beautyfiko.com".